In view of the recent tragic events in our County and beyond, we at Curtain Call Theatre would like to reach out and express our deepest sympathies to all who lost loved ones, homes, pets, and other valuables during the last two harrowing weeks.
We must also keep in mind that it is important to go forward now and try to give our community something of another value which is what we do best, that is to entertain and evoke human feelings in our own small way.
Therefore, in consideration to other companies who had to cancel or postpone productions at this time due to the fires, we hereby announce open auditions for our 2018 Season at CCT to provide new opportunities to anyone who wants to be part of our efforts.
If I missed anyone in this bulk mailer, please forgive me and forward the message to everyone you think would like to join us in a friendly and supportive atmosphere crucial to our living art.
The Plays scheduled for 2018 Season are as follows:
- “The Language of Flowers” by Gavin Kayner, a Sonoma County Premiere of a tantalizing psycological thriller, a first for CCT.
- “Bullshot Crummond” by House, White & 3 other authors; a hilarious send-up of low budget 1930s detective movies.
- “Count Dracula” by Ted Tiller based on Bram Stoker’s classic novel; scary with lots of laughs too. Just in time for the ghoulish Halloween festivities.
- “Mrs. Warren’s Profession” by George Bernard Shaw; with his typical acerbic humor and social commentary that is just as relevant today as a hundred years ago.
We are looking for Actors of all ages, ethnicity, and gender.
Dates are Saturday November 4 between 7 and 10 PM; and Tuesday November 7 between 7 and 10 PM.
Russian River Hall, 20347 Highway 116, Monte Rio. We are only 20 miles West of 101.
If you, or anyone you know, is interested in auditioning or being involved in many other opportunities necessary in the theater in any of the ways listed below, please contact me right away and make an appointment to meet for an interview. Your interest is primarily wanted. We can teach you the rest.
Opportunities at CCT:
- Grant Writers
- Stage Managers and Stage hands
- Lighting and/or Sound Designers and Technicians
- Set Designers/Builders: Carpenters, Electricians, Painters, etc.
- Costumers and people who can design and sew
- Box Office managers
- Publicity and Electronic Media hounds
- Graphic Artists
- Volunteers for mailings, pasting labels and stamps
- Any other function missed in this long list